You do not have to be a member to add a listing to the Event section or a classified to Frome's List.
Welcome to Frome Creative Network, we hope you find this information useful and simple to use. If you have a problem please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will be glad to help.
You may want to print a copy of these instructions to have a quick reference whenever you add an event. Keep in mind that as you are not a member it may take a few days before you can view your entry as the content will be moderated.
To Add an Event:
1. Click "add stuff to FCN" then click on "new entry for event"
2. Insert the title of your event. (do not include the date as you will input that separately at the end so it can be found when searching)
3. Scroll down to body and add the description of your event. Note: It is not a good idea to copy text from a "Word" document directly as it has embedded commands that conflict with the web site language, it is better to type it directly into the body section. If you want to input a long document save it to "Notepad", this program can be found in microsoft accessories PC or Mac, it removes all the formatting, then copy it to the "body" section. It will not include an image this will have to be inserted separately if you have one. Just type the www address in the text or at the end and it will be automatically linked.
To Insert an Image for your event - We recommend that you only insert one per event.
2. Click "Edit" and position the cursor next to the text where you want the top left hand corner of your image to start
3. Click "Postcard Symbol" in the body toolbar
4. Click "Upload" tab on the top of the box
5. Click "Browse" which will take you to the files on your own computer. Go to your picture files list and double click on the picture name you want. Your picture should be no larger than 800 x 800 pixels in either direction and up to a maximum of about 8in (20cm) in either direction at 72dpi (this is a low resolution) and saved as .jpeg. The file size needs to be kept to about 150Kb so it will load quickly for your site visitors
6. Click "Send to server". It will tell you that it has been successful, click "OK". If the rejection box appears click "browse" to go back to step 5 and check the size and ending of the file you selected. It may be that you have to adjust your image size or save it as a .jpeg
7. The next box "Image Info" appears and lets you adjust the image size, position and border of empty space surrounding your image. Think of this as the mount around your picture
URL: Do not change, it will have the address information from where you retrieved your image/photo.
Alternative Text: In this line you can enter words that describe the image, it will not show on your site except for "readers for the blind", but it will help the search engines.
Width and height: specifies image size. 200 width is about the right size to start with. To change the size of your image the default padlock symbol is closed. This will change the size of the image in proportion with the original. Click on the circular arrow to return to your original image. To have a quick download of images they must be small, so they are not good quality, 72dpi is a good resolution which also stops people from copying them too easily.
Border: specifies the size of the border you want to place around the image. "5" is a good start, think of it as a mount board for your picture
HSpace: defines the size of the horizontal mount border. Only needs to be used if you want uneven margins around your image.
VSpace: defines the size of the vertical mount border. As above
Align: specifies the alignment of the image in relation to the text and margins. You can choose from: Left, Abs Bottom, Abs Middle, Baseline, Bottom, Middle, Right, Text Top or Top.
8. Click "OK" inserts the image with the specified properties. Inserting pictures shifts the text around and may require you to play a bit to find the right position. Tip: If you want to move a word to the next line because it is too close to the image put the cursor next to the word and hold down shift as you click enter. This will move it just a line space rather than a paragraph space.
If you have made an error once an event is submitted, you can only change it by inserting a new entry with the same information and add at the end that this is a change (the moderator will remove those words from the entry before releasing it)
To Add to Frome's List
Click on "add to Frome's List". Add title and description in the body as above. Scroll down and add a contact name which is required and a contact tel or e-mail also required. Fill in the price or leave blank. Then type of ad is also required so it shows in the list. Enter the date you want the item removed however, the default will be a maximum of 28 days.
Note: the e-mail address for Frome's List is not linked to reduce the possibilty of harvesting as in most instances these will be one off entries inserted by individuals rather than organisations.
Don't forget to Save - scroll down using right hand scroll bar.
Click here to print 'How To'